GOOD MORNING COURSE IS OPEN BUT WE DO HAVE ALOT OF BUNKERS AND A FEW AREAS HOLDING WATER AFTER LAST NIGHTS HEAVY RAIN. 23mm FELL OVER NIGHT SO PLEASE AVOID ANY WET AREAS WHERE POSSIBLE THANKYOU. (updated 19 August at 03:47)
On The Course (Excepting Only Junior Par Three Members):
Ladies And Female Juniors
- Shirts with collars (with or without sleeves).
- Skirts or tailored shorts (see para. 3.2 below) finishing not higher than 8cm above the knee.
- Short socks, which include socks finishing below the ankle.
- Clean golf shoes of a recognised variety.
Gentlemen And Male Juniors
- Shirts with collars and sleeves (which must be tucked in to the waistband of trousers or shorts and so as not to hang down).
- Polo-neck or turtle-neck tops with (short or long) sleeves.
- Tailored trousers or shorts (see also para 3.2) finishing not higher than 8cm above, nor lower than, the knee.
- When shorts are being worn, plain (white or coloured) knee length socks, with turn-over, or short, white socks finishing above the ankle.
In The Clubhouse
- Golf shoes, waterproof or windproof clothing (whether or not being worn) are only permitted in the Spike Bar.
- Shorts are permitted to be worn in the Spike Bar at any time, and elsewhere in the clubhouse (except in the dining room) until 6 p.m.
- Ladies and gentlemen are expected to be smartly dressed in the dining room and, except when the rule is expressly relaxed, gentlemen are required to wear a jacket and tie after 6 p.m. and, for Sunday lunch.
- Boys up to the age of 18 years are excused jacket and tie for Sunday lunch – smart casual wear is acceptable (see para. 3.6).
- Members and visitors are required to be properly and appropriately dressed at all times, both on and off the course.
- Trousers or shorts with more than one patch pocket on either side (e.g. “cargo style”) are not permitted in the clubhouse or on the course. Gentlemen are required to wear socks at all times.
- Trousers are not permitted to be tucked into socks.
- Only recognised varieties of golf shoes are permitted to be worn.
- Non-golf sportswear (e.g. rugby or football shirts, shorts or socks) is not permitted.
- The expression “smart casual” means a collared shirt worn with a smart sweater or jacket, as appropriate.
- The changing of clothes (including shoes) is not permitted in the car park.
- Golf caps must be worn with the peak to the front.
- Denim jeans are not permitted to be worn either on the course or in the clubhouse.
- Mobile phones must remain on “silent” both in the clubhouse and on the course, and may only be used, for phone calls or texting, either in the car park or in the booth provided in the clubhouse lobby .
Message To Visiting Societies
- Please take steps to ensure your members are familiar with, and abide by, these Rules. Failure to do so may cause considerable embarrassment on the day.